Tuesday 4 May 2010

A Moment in Time

After the first wave of responses to their photo project, the editors at the New York Times Lens Blog noted that
"Another impulse discernible among the early submissions was domesticity. Rather than looking for broadly symbolic visual emblems, readers concentrated on showing their worlds (and maybe a few more cats, dogs, tulips and coffee cups than we hoped to see, if truth be told)."
Well, that's what happens when you ask people to shoot pictures on a Sunday.
I, however, was at work that evening, from about six to eleven thirty (yes, such is my life). At around 8.20, I walked out of office and onto Anna Salai, and ended up shooting this ice cream cart.
I eagerly await the moment when the picture mosaic goes up on the NYT website. They promise "an interactive display that will allow you to sort them geographically and thematically."
Should be awesome.

3 comments:

Kaber said...

Hello,

Been following you for a bit. Loved the carnatic music piece. I'm a musician and I'd like to know where to start to learn carnatic music. I've experimented with pseudo carnatic melodies but I really want to understand it more.

And about the picture, it's really good, though it is a bit dark. Do post the link when it's on their site.

Ghanshyam Nair said...

Hey Kaber,
Thanks for dropping in.
I have no idea who you can learn Carnatic music from. I suggest you ask someone you know who is learning/has learnt, or consult an online forum, where people may be able to guide you to someone in your vicinity.
The picture's already up on the site, here

AJai said...

Nice pic. Loved the way the lights come out. And if it features on NYT that will be something! :)